sabato 30 agosto 2008

Working in a Fast-Food

well, before I started working there, it was a Moderate speed- food :P not their fault, though..it's all about timing, and they still didn't get it.
I like to work ( well, I like to earn money, that's it! :D ) and, lucky me, I am a fast learner, so in a week I became faster than them, I prepare kebab ( or schawarma, it has so many names but take a look at the picture and you'll know what I'm talking about )

in less than a minute, and I already know how to use all of the machines they have ( good things to add to my curriculum for my future career as a dishwasher in some Ny City fast food, muahahahaha..err...I mean, it is always good to know how to do lots of different things and collect experiences for, anywhere I go and as long as I have my own two hands, I can work to make a living :) )
There are good and bad things about working in a fast food ( not a big one such macdonalds or whatsoever, but a small-medium sized one, not situated in the middle of the city but still in a crowded place ) and there they are...

Good things:

1) you get to know lots of people and have something that sounds like a"social life" ( I've been a caregiver for 7 years, and social life was a fantasy of mine till now :P )
2) you learn to prepare different dishes in less than a minute (and it's great, especially when you don't have much time for yourself)
3) people actually smile while giving you their money! and they say thanks too!( Isn't it amazing? :D )
4) at the end of the day all of the leftover is yours ( I just don't know how many fries I brought home tonight *_* )
5) you are not going to lift something that weighs more than 120 pounds ( thanks God!)

Bad things:

1) You have to stand on your feet all the time. You cannot sit even if you want to, for if you've finished serving people, well, you must clean out the tables or throw the garbage or just listen to your boss while he's complaining for something you are not really interested in.
2) Your boss: he has the right to be nervous, to sit and talk with costumers, to leave whenever he wants and to tell you what to do, always. ( Just say " yes, sir" and go on with your duties :P )
3) On the third day, you finally get sick of all the things you sell and that's good if you are on diet like me, but not if you have to dine there everyday, and of course you cannot show it to your costumers : everything is delicious, always.
4) Social life : if you had a real social life ( friends, parties, boyfriend and more, not like mine :P) well, forget it. Depending on your hours , you will be stuck behind the counter all nights, or just too tired to go out with your friends, and you'll probably miss birthdays, parties and so on.

Anyway, it's still a good job, not the one I've always dreamt of but people are kind to me ( as long as I smile, they smiles me back...that's so nice :D) , my boss and his wife are kind to me also and I'm saving my wages to pay university taxes ( what a blow..) and to buy a ticket for my next year trip to NY!
It's late, now...Good night!

Nessun commento: