martedì 26 agosto 2008

Cooking without really knowing how to...


This morning my kids ( No, I'm not a young mother, just a babysitter :P ) asked me to cook some "crepes" with chocolate cream...I froze. I realised I didn't know how to cook that "crepes" or whatever. Then I said : Honey, you already had your breakfast today...let's make it tomorrow, ok?"
They agreed, and while playing with them, I remember thinking " I have to find out how to prepare crepes! omg!" or something like that!
I got home and surfed the net...
Got the ingredients...
Got the recipe...
It was time to try and cook!
and...well, have you ever experienced a moment when everything you do seems to be perfect and it cannot be better?
That's exactly what happened this afternoon in my kitchen, lol!
Above you can see how my first crepe looked like ( without the flower, of course :P ) and it was delicious ( or at least I think it was, my brother ate it in a glance without a word and then asked for more!) and here's the recipe I found on the net :

3 eggs
1 1/4 cups milk
2 sp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or unbleached white flour

Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend at high speed
for 1 min.
To cook crepes, heat an omelet or crepe pan on low heat for a few minutes.
No need to add oil, these cook fine without it.
Remove from heat, pour in 3 or 4 tablespoons of batter and tilt pan so batter coats the bottom.
Put pan on burner, cook crepe for a few minutes over medium low heat until
lightly browned. Flip crepe over and cook other
side for about 30 sec.
Gently remove and place on a plate.
Repeat process with remaining batter, stacking crepes as they're cooked.
Use with favorite breakfast, dinner or dessert crepe filling.

Of course I used Nutella ( God bless it!)as filling!

and I can't wait to prepare crepes to my kids tomorrow! :D

Nessun commento: